11/6/11 – Just One, Part 7: Local Edition Check out this quick video tip for you this week:
- God did not let anything stop Him from adopting us into His family, out of His love.
- God planned before the beginning of time to adopt us into His family.
- It always goes hand in hand: as we reflect what God has done for us, we do the same for others.
- The challenge on Orphan Sunday:
- There are needy children around the world that we can support.
- Take another step in being a part of what God is doing through Foster Care. Just take one small step forward.
- Financially support a Foster Child through 4 Kids ($30 a month)
- Take MAPP classes at West Pines in the Spring
- [Watch Video]
- What were some of the things that impacted you the most?
- [Read Ephesians 1:5]
- Why do you think Paul chose the illustration of “adoption” to describe what God has done in our lives?
- What does it mean to be adopted by God?
- What is most moving in thinking about how God has adopted you?
- How does your adoption by God compel you to help other orphans?
- Do you think today’s orphan has trouble understanding God’s love as a Father?
- What would it look like to love a modern day orphan, the way God loves us?
- What are some of the obstacles keeping you from helping a child in need?