11/13/11 – Grounded Check out this quick video tip for you this week:
Main Text: Ephesians 3:14-21, Romans 8:32Topics:
- As we are more aware of God’s incredible love for us, we are strengthened and filled.
- We are unable to grasp God’s love, it is beyond our capacity to fully comprehend. Understanding this is something that God has to do in our hearts.
- Awe of this incredible love of God is what GROUNDS us as Christians.
- When we pray, we have total rest and faith that He can do far more than all we ask or think. And we know when He does act, it will be out of love.
- We can pray to Him with great expectation that however He answers is with the utmost of intentionality.
- How do we know He loves us? He gave us His Son. If He would not spare His own Son, will he not give us all things? (Romans 8:32)
- If someone is said to be “grounded,” what do you think that means?
- How does feeling loved by someone, strengthen us?
- What does it feel like to be “filled with all the fullness of God?” Can anyone share a time when you experienced that?
- When have you been awed by God’s power?
- When have you been awed by His love?
- How do you tend to feel, when it seems like God is neglecting your prayers?
- When is a time you are glad God did not give you what you asked for?
- How does reflecting on how He sacrificed Jesus for us (the Gospel), strengthen our faith in His love?
- When we feel like our prayers are being neglected, what is something practical we can do to be strengthened by the love of God? (...and don’t just say read you Bible and pray. What should you read? What should you pray? What else can you do? Be creative.)
- How do we fuel each other’s awe of God’s love and power?
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.