Sermon Title: First Things First
Main Text: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
- We need to be reminded of the Gospel daily.
- The Gospel is for believers to stand in daily, in addition to something we need to share to unbelievers.
- As we interact with ideas on a regular basis, they start to change the way we think and act.
- The Gospel changes us from the inside out rather than religion, which we try to change us from the outside in.
- The one thing we need to focus on in 2012 more than anything else is the Gospel - Jesus’ death and resurrection for our salvation.
- What ideas or concepts have change the way you think?
- What is something you try to remind yourself of regularly?
- Out of all of the things we can make the most important in our lives, which one do you tend to make most important instead of the Gospel?
- Why do you think we try to change ourselves rather than let Jesus change us by focusing on the Gospel?
- Why do you think we forget that we should focus on the Gospel daily?
- What about the Gospel struck you differently this time you heard it?
- What are some ways you can focus on the Gospel in your day?
- How can the Gospel change the way you view those who are closest to you in your life?
- How has the Gospel changed the way you think this week?
- Out of the benefits of dwelling on the Gospel, which is most amazing to you? (forgiveness, identity, generosity, etc)
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.