Main Text: 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Romans 12:4-8
- Every Christian is part of a greater whole, the body. No Christian can say, “I’m not a part of the body.”
- Every Christian needs the rest of the body. No Christian can say, “I have no need of you.”
- Every Christian has abilities, given them by God, to be used to build up the larger body. No Christian can say, “I have nothing to contribute.”
- There are all kinds of gifts:
- Helping and Serving
- Some gifts seem very spiritual. They seem like God is powerfully active. Whereas some seem more ordinary and not as much like God just showed up in a big way. But scripture says, that God is empowering each of those gifts. Each of them are an act of God.
- The Challenge: Walk through the Serving Door. As Christians who are part of a body, we must be actively using the gifts that God has given to us. We should find a place where we can start serving in the church, even if it is in a simple way.
- How exciting to consider that God is going to actively use us and the gifts and skills he has given us right now, to impact each other.
- Has there ever been a time when you have seen someone serving in a small way with great joy?
- What do you think are some of the most under-appreciated ways someone is serving in our church right now?
- When has someone’s simple act of serving or helping impacted you?
- When have you been impacted by someone speaking wisdom into your life?
- When have you been impacted by someone’s gift of faith?
- What do you think holds people back from serving in their church: they don’t believe their gifts are valuable, or they don’t believe there is a need?
- What are some other reasons people hold back from actively serving in their church (other than, “I’m too busy”)?
- How is God nudging you to walk through the Serving Door right now?
- If you are currently serving in the church, what is a way that those in your role are impacting people?
- Is there a way we, as a Community Group can encourage those who are serving in thankless, under-appreciated ways?
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.