- Christmas Eve Service Times
- We just wanted to give you a heads up that we will be having 2 Christmas Eve Services this year.
- They will be held on Christmas Eve at 5pm and 6:30pm
- Start inviting your friends and neighbors now
- Choir Auditions
- Also this Christmas Eve we will be having a choir
- Several people have already auditioned and made the choir
- We really need some guys to fill out our choir
- If you have experience singing in a choir, please contact sarah - her info is in the bulletin - or write “choir” on your connection card
- Razzle Dazzle
- Mark your calendar for 12/12/12 as our Women's Ministry will be hosting an ornament exchange called Razzle Dazzle.
- It has been declared that when you say Razzle Dazzle you have to do Jazz Hands
- You can register online of in the back of the auditorium after service today
- The cost of the event is just $5
Sermon Title: The Perfect Relationship
Main Text: Numbers 9:15-23
- Novacain is bad
- The israelites are being led through the wilderness by a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night
- They moved when God said to move and camped when he said to camp
- They never know how long they will stay in any one place
- They move and stop without notice
- This passage goes to great lengths to point out that they have no control or warning about the movement
- Over 600,000 people moving like that - all different age groups - kids, elderly, infirmed
- God is teaching them trust and dependence
- The Magic Eight Ball gives us quick and clear answers
- God is not a magic eight ball but it would be nice if we could talk to him and hear his responses audibly.
- Our job is to get better at discerning God’s will for our lives.
- According to Oswald Chambers, if you know God well enough, his will is instinctual for you. It is part of your involuntary response.
- The way to know God well is to build a relationship with him
- We often talk to god but don’t listen and compartmentalize him into a small part of our day or week.
- The Bible is our instruction manual for God - we need to learn all we can
- Prayer is our conversation with God
- We should pray about everything not just the big things
- When we pray, we have to spend time listening
- Community is our support system to grow closer to God
- What would be some of the challenges to moving 600,000 people from place to place?
- What if you got up each morning with no idea what you would be doing that day?
- What kind of questions would you ask the Magic Eight Ball everyday?
- What would it be like to be at the center of God’s will?
- What would it be like to instinctually know what God’s answer would be to your questions?
- How would you build a relationship with someone you just met?
- What is the result of a conversation where only one person does all the talking?
- Who in your life do you wish you had an instruction manual for?
- What type of things is too small to pray about?
- How important is community as the third component of getting to know God?
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.