- Kids Expansion Volunteers
- Kids Expansion is under weigh
- More on that later
- We need your help each evening from 6-9pm
- All skills or no skills
- Christmas Eve Service Times
- We just wanted to give you a heads up that we will be having 2 Christmas Eve Services this year.
- They will be held on Christmas Eve at 5pm and 6:30pm
- Start inviting your friends and neighbors now
- Razzle Dazzle
- Mark your calendar for 12/12/12 as our Women's Ministry will be hosting an ornament exchange called Razzle Dazzle.
- It has been declared that when you say Razzle Dazzle you have to do Jazz Hands
- You can register online of in the back of the auditorium after service today
- The cost of the event is just $5
Title: The Secret Spiritual Discipline
Practicing spiritual disciplines rewards us with richer relationships with our heavenly Father. Pray. Fast. Give to the needy. God uses disciplines like these to help us grow. But be careful to do these right things for right reasons … or they won’t help you.
2. What words, phrases, images or ideas do you see repeated in the passage?
3. What are some words in the passage that you don’t hear every day and that might need some translation if you were reading the Bible for the first time? Define those words.
4. Why do you think Jesus singled out these 3 disciplines: giving to the needy, prayer and fasting?
5. Why do you think “the hypocrites” wanted other people to see their good deeds?
6. What difference does it make if you believe that our Father sees and rewards deeds that are done in secret?
7. Why do you think we can’t be rewarded by both “other people” and “our Father”?
8. In what ways are you tempted to be like the hypocrites when it comes to giving, prayer, fasting or other spiritual disciplines?
9. How does this value of “secrecy” affect our practice of accountability with other Christians? How do we decide what to share with other people?
10. What would happen in our community if a bunch of us started giving to the needy, praying and fasting without looking for recognition from other people?
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.