This week's tip is about how to prepare for your group in 3 easy steps.
Here’s the video:
[vimeo 108040141 width="640" height="360"]
- West Pines 1.0 is Sunday after each service in the Multipurpose Room. It will last about 20 minutes. Encourage everyone in your group to attend if they have not already.
- Online giving portal has been updated and is even easier to use
What Is Heaven Like? Part 3: What We Will Do In Heaven
Main Text: Revelation 21:1-6, 22:3, Romans 12:1, Isaiah 25:6, Rev 22:5, Rev 22:7
- What will we do in Heaven? I’ve heard people say before that heaven will be one giant worship service. But is that what the Bible describes?
- Frankly, as much as church is great and a moving experience, I don’t think I could handle more than a few hours of church, let alone a church service that lasts for millenia.
- This idea that Heaven is all worship is true though. Ultimately the the best part of Heaven is being reconciled with God. And we will spend our eternity in worshiping God.
- What usually gets us off track is our theology of what “worship” is. Worship is much more than just singing and listening to sermons. Our entire lives are to be worshipful. Everything we do should be done to the best of our abilities for God. It should be done with thankfulness for God. It should be done conscious that God is with us, working alongside of us. It should be done in obedience and submission to God. It should be done knowing that God enjoys when we enjoy Him and His world.
- When we understand that and look at the biblical data, we realize that Heaven will be full of all kinds of redeemed activity. We will feast and party and celebrate. We will enjoy music and artistry and creating. We will rule which means the joy of strategy and vision and organization. We will enjoy working and exploring and discovering and learning.
- All the good parts of activity without the bad parts.
- And it will all be done as an act of worship to God.
- HIGH/LOW: What was the high point of your week and the low point?
- ICEBREAKER: What is your favorite hobby?
- READ: Revelation 21:1-6
- Why do you think God chose the image of a wedding to describe our reconciliation with Jesus?
- The best part of Heaven is that we are with God. Why should that excite us?
- Read Romans 12:1
- What is a biblical definition of “worship”?
- How can we do all activities as an act of worship to God?
- What would it be like to have all the good parts of your hobby and none of the bad parts?
- What would work be like with all the good and none of the bad?
- What would relationships be like with all of the good and none of the bad?
- What are the activities in your life that are hardest to see through the lense of worship?
- What can you do to make them more of an act of worship?
- If the presence of God is the most exciting part of Heaven, how should that affect us now?
Don't forget to post your attendance after group.