[vimeo 127410771 w=500 h=281]
Dumbing Down Your Faith
Topics: ( Not to be read in group.. this is for your review and recollection )
- When something happens that rocks your belief system, you have to make a choice:
- Choose to believe the power of the problem is too big for God
- Choose to believe God is all powerful
- Without realizing it, many people dumb down their faith to the level of their doubt
- Many times our life circumstances serve as the vitamins for our growth and development. They don;t taste good on the way down but they bless us by helping us grow properly
- Faith in God must be exactly that: choosing to trust God REGARDLESS of the circumstances.
- Romans 8:28 (ESV) And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- We can get so bogged down by our problems that we think the answer is a change in circumstances rather than trust in God.
- Sometimes we focus for so long on a problem that we can no longer see God.
- Don't let the longevity of a difficulty erode your confidence in the power and love of God.
- The difficulties we face serve as opportunities to choose whether we totally trust God or not. We do have to choose!
- The key is to totally trust God!
- First I must choose what I trust, then I must trust what I choose.
Announcements & Questions:
Don't forgot our quick Community Group Leader meeting next Sunday in between services
(11:00 am - 11:30 am) in the multi-purpose room
UNLEASHED, our Student Summer Mission Camp is June 22-26, when our middle and high school students will be serving our community. This local sleep-away camp will give students the opportunity to grow in their relationship with God, build lasting friendships, and earn up to 100 volunteer service hours! To register or find out more, visit www.unleashed.camp.
Men's Ministry Study in Galatians
We’re continuing our study in the book of Galatians. Certainly not too late for you to join us! This is a great opportunity to get to know other guys and be encouraged for the week ahead.
Women's Ministry begins again in July
AND NOW.... THE QUESTIONS...
- HIGH/LOW: What was the high point of your week and the low point?
- ICEBREAKER: What has been one of your biggest moments of doubt?
- We discussed the story of the leper... what are some ways that we label ourselves (or others) based on a trial or difficulty?
- What are some ways we may choose to change our circumstances rather than trust in God?
- How is it that sometimes we focus for so long on a problem that we can no longer see God?
- Why does the longevity of a difficulty erode your confidence in the power and love of God?
- What is your default button when you encounter trials?
- What are some areas in your life where you would have the tendency to doubt the most?
- Moses told us to remember all that God has done... why is it so hard to trust and not doubt, even when there is so much past evidence of His help and leading?