- West Pines Serve - We’re asking you to test out a serving team from Memorial Day to Labor Day, that’s only 7-15 times, depending on what team you serve on. There’s lots of options -- out front, behind the scenes, with kids, at camp, and so much more. There’s even more options listed on our website, so if you don’t see something that might be a good fit for you go to our website under ministries and you’ll see lots more options. Take this home with you this week and start praying about where you want to jump in this summer at West Pines.
- Student Summer Camp- Did you know that we are nearly upon the kick off of our student summer mission camp UNLEASHED.If you have a middle or high school student in your life, then you are going to want to check out the UNLEASHED summer mission camp this summer. It’s a great way for your students to make a difference right here in their community while also connecting with other students. Make sure to check out unleashed.camp today to register!
- Kids Summer Serve - Did you know that one of the funnest places to serve is actually in our kids ministry. Yep, it’s more than just babysitting! They have their own lessons, praise & worship, crafts, groups time and so much more. If you love play dough, crayons or goldfish then you might want to serve with our preschoolers, and if you love watching kids worship and being able to share the love of God with older kids then you might want to serve with our elementary kids. Either way, one of the biggest impacts you can make serving at West Pines is by being a part of the Kids Ministry team!
** Very Important : Please remind your group of the Community Groups summer break to refresh and we are looking forward to a great new season in the fall.
Main Text: Nehemiah 7:66-73
Sermon Outline: (Not to be read or e-mailed to your group … this is for the leader’s review and recollection)
- Giving is not because I FEEL GUILTY.
- Giving is not because GOD has NEEDS.
- Giving UNLEASHES me to fulfill my MISSION.
- Giving COMBATS my DESTRUCTIVE DISTRACTIONS.
- Giving TEACHES me about my FATHER.
- Giving ANCHORS me to my true HOME.
SUGGESTED DISCUSSION QUESTIONS...
(Please feel free to modify questions to accommodate your specific group!)
HIGH/LOW: What was the high point of your week and the low point?
Please read: Nehemiah 7:66-73
1. Do you feel like the collision between God and money has caused a distrust of church?
2. How should we wrestle with the idea of giving? Why should we?
3. Has guilt ever played into your giving? Why is that a poor motivator?
4. What are some of the bad motivators for giving?
5. What kind of givers does God look for? Why is that important to our spiritual life?
6. What needs of God's do you fill by giving? See Psalm 24:1. Talk about it.
7. Why did the Israelites give? How does that impact us today?
8. How does giving actually help us focus on God? So, how does giving set our hearts right?
9. How can wealth enable me to indulge in my idolatry?
10. (Important) How does giving teach us about God? About faith? About trust?