Community Groups Week of March 12th
MISSIONS : Last week we announced that we have 3 incredible mission trips planned for 2017 and we are excited to invite you to find out more about them.
- This year we’ll be going to Haiti, Guatemala and our Student Ministry is doing a student and family trip to the Bahamas.
If you are interested in missions, then we’d love to encourage you to contact the church office and/ or Pastor Josias and we’ll send you some more information this week.
STUDENT CAMP: UNLEASHED MISSIONS Camp mobilizes middle and hight-school students to serve their community. DATES: July 10th- 14th 2017 / PRICE: $219.00 before April 1st.
* Very Important: Please click on the link below for the week # 5 Leader video:
Main Text: John 8: 2-11
Sermon Title: In The Ring, Part 1: Tolerance vs. Grace
SUGGESTED DISCUSSION QUESTIONS...
(Please feel free to modify questions to accommodate your specific group!)
HIGH/LOW: What was the high point of your week and the low point?
Please read: John 8: 2-11
* How would you describe what being judgemental looks like?
* Are there relationships in your life that just seem like a "test?" Meaning - perhaps family members that seem to test your faith. How do you approach them? Speak to them?
* What is the difference between tolerance and grace?
* How should grace overlay all of our discussions and interactions with others, particularly with those we may disagree with? What would that look like in your daily life?
* Who is someone that you need to have more grace towards?
* How does GRACE shift our focus off of "me" or "you" and onto Jesus?
* Going forward, how will you handle those difficult relationships/ moments differently?
How would you describe being judgmental? Would you say that it is defined by these qualities - love, joy, patience, kindness, gentleness? Probably not. In fact those seem like the opposite of being judgmental. What is interesting is that the Bible says those are five qualities that will increasingly mark a true Christian. So if the attributes of a Christian are supposed to be unmistakably different than those of a judgmental person, why do Christians so often come across as judgmental? The modern mind’s reaction to judgmentalism is tolerance. Tolerance accepts virtually everything, while judgmentalism condemns much. But those are not the only two options. There is a third option. An option that is truly unique to Jesus. It is so profound in its power that it transformed the world. Many Christians miss it. Most of the world doesn’t understand it. But it is central to Jesus teachings. It is GRACE.